How it Works:
Date: Thursday, November 5th, 2020 7 PM.
Details due to COVID 19- Attention Homes values the safety and health of our community and supporters. This year, in 2020, we have decided to shift the program to Zoom and help organize small Sleep Out Pods within the community. If you are interested in hosting a small Sleep Out Pod, please feel free to register your team. If you would like Attention Homes to help organize your Pod, please reach out to Becca Blay: email@example.com 720-273-7606
Attention Homes will host an interactive program via Zoom from 7 PM-8:15 PM. Each Pod will be supplied with pay it forward bags to pass out to the homeless community as well as pizza and instant coffee for the morning.
Friday, November 6th, 2020, enjoy some instant coffee provided at your Pod's home.
See you soon!
- Sleepers ask friends, family, and coworkers to sponsor their Sleep Out to help them reach their goal
- No matter the weather, sleepers gather on November 5th in small Pods and Sleep Out with only a sleeping bag to get a glimpse of what homeless youth face and to raise awareness for this critical issue
- All funds each sleeper raises goes directly towards Attention Homes programs that benefit youth experiencing homelessness
- When sleeping outside participants must be accompanied by an adult chaperone if under 12 years of age
- How much do I have to raise? We ask that each sleeper raise $500. This is not a requirement, we encourage participation, yet your dollars are very much appreciated.
- How do I get registered? It's easy! Register as an individual or to host a pod. Simply click Register and you will be prompted with next steps.
- How are the donations that I raise allocated? Attention Homes serves youth experiencing homelessness. We offer many serves to help young people with supportive services such as housing, education, employment and job training.
- Can I fundraise with a team? Yes, you can fundraise as a team or individual, either way, you will be able to see the dollars that you've raised(and reach your goal)!
- What is a Pod? What does Pod-Style mean? Small groups! Due to COVID19, we have decided not to host a large group gathering. We are asking participants to host small groups/teams/pods in their backyards, front yards, side yards, etc.
- Will there be an in-person event? Not this year, however we will host an online Zoom program including the candlelight vigil. We encourage each pod to tune in collectively.
- When will the online program begin? 7:00 PM-8:15 PM
- How do I tune into the program? Zoom. It's easy, we'll be sure to send you the invitation with the link prior to the event. We'll also send you another reminder on the night of.
- What does my Pod goodie bag contain? The goodie bags will include a pay it forward package that you can put together as an individual, or a Pod, to pass out to folks on the streets as you see fit. The bags will be available for pick up on Wednesday, November 4th from 12-4 PM at the Attention Homes Admin office, 1440 Pine ST, Suite B, Boulder CO 80302.